Posted to alt.home.repair
N8N N8N is offline

Default rechargeable batteries?

this flashlight is actually used primarily as a bike headlight, that's
why I bought the rechargeables so I could ride at night.
Unfortunately the weather has not been cooperative lately; every
single day for the past couple weeks it has either been 95 degrees
and/or torrential rain, so it's been sitting. It's one of hte Lowe's
deals I recommended in the other thread (the 3W LED one.) I thought
that the rechargeables should be ready to use because I bought them
very recently and rotated them through the charger at least twice, so
they should have been at worst only partially discharged. I wanted to
use them to save the alkalines in case the power didn't come back on
today I wouldn't have to buy more, but they were utterly and
completely dead, not even a glow from the LED. I probably have 4-5
hours run time on the alkalines and the light is still bright on
them. I don't remember the brand of the batteries (couldn't see them,
obviously, as I was swapping batteries in the dark) my charger is a
couple year old Energizer charger that does both NiCads and NiMH.

nate

On Jun 17, 9:14*am, "Joseph Meehan"
wrote:
* * I will add this. *Not all batteries and rechargers are good matches.

* * I am not clear about what you are using these batteries for. *Not all
battery types are good matches for some uses. For example, I use a lot of
rechargeable batteries for those items that I use often and will recharge
the batteries every couple of months. *However I use non-rechargables for
things like thermometers and smoke detectors as they will last of years
there. *I also use alkaline in emergency flashlights.

"N8N" wrote in message

anyone recommend a reliable brand of rechargeable batteries, and where
can I buy them? *i ordered some high-capacity NiMH C cells online a
while back and last night when the power hadn't been restored by the
time the sun went down I tried them in my flashlight; dead as a
doornail. *These had been charged by me after receiving them and then
rotated through the charger again; all of my rechargeables have been
in the charger within at least the last month. *I feel so wasteful
using alkalines but I keep having bad experiences with every
rechargeable I try.

nate

--
Joseph Meehan