Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Having Problems Finding The Door

Ron wrote:
No, I'm not convinced. There's a company that makes doors without
having to glue them:

http://www.timswoodshop.com/doors.htm

And if I could get the wood in a single board-- which is what I want--
I would pay as much as I needed to. I would rather not have to either
glue boards or have a door made out of glued boards; hence the name,
"solid wood."

As Rico notes, that's a traditionally-built raised panel door.

Also note there are vertical stiles in the middle on each door so the
panels aren't full width but only a about a quarter the width of the
door so he isn't using anything _close_ to a 32" slab--more like about
8-10" for most.

Let's see -- widest he lists is a 36" so 36" - 3 stiles @7" -- 21"
Divide by 2 and voila! -- 10.5" panels. So he needs 12" stock at most.

Also note even there he allows himself to glue up cherry if required for
the larger sizes because it isn't going to be available always.