Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default rechargeable batteries?

"J.H. Holliday" doc@okcorral wrote in
:

"N8N" wrote in message
anyone recommend a reliable brand of rechargeable batteries, and where
can I buy them? i ordered some high-capacity NiMH C cells online a
while back and last night when the power hadn't been restored by the
time the sun went down I tried them in my flashlight; dead as a
doornail. These had been charged by me after receiving them and then
rotated through the charger again; all of my rechargeables have been
in the charger within at least the last month. I feel so wasteful
using alkalines but I keep having bad experiences with every
rechargeable I try.

nate

Most any name brand will be fine

Both NiCd and NiMH cells have a self-discharge rate that makes them
unsuitable for long term storage.

Rechargeables are best used for frequent-use applications.

alkalines last longer in storage,at least 3 years.(Duracells LEAK,BTW.)

If you must use rechargables,for long term storage,get a flashlight that
uses Lithium-ion batteries.
They will store a charge for 6 months or more.

Flashlights that use lithium 123 cells will last in storage for up to 10
years,but the 123 cells are expensive.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik