Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
BillM[_2_] BillM[_2_] is offline

Default Removing bearing if shaft is too long.

"Ignoramus17809"
wrote in
message
I need to remove a bearing from a motor shaft.
My Posi Lock puller,
unfortunately, does not have enough reach to
grab the bearing because
the shaft is too long. Is there something that
can be easily done. I
did have to make some makeshift tools to
remove the pulley, but this
is a different case because pulley had holes
in the back.

Do you want to save the bearing? If not, find
a piece of pipe that will slip over the shaft.
Weld a plate/nut on one end for a pusher bolt.
Slip it down to the bearing and weld the pipe to
the bearing. Turn pusher bolt.

If it's a larger bearing I just torch them off.
Wear a full face shield---when the oxygen hits
the grease the fireball can be amazing.

Bill