Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Steve Firth Steve Firth is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

Man at B&Q wrote:

On Jun 17, 3:40 pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:

On Jun 17, 1:35 pm, (Steve Firth) wrote:
Man at B&Q wrote:

It's quite clear why using the send momey function does not result in
a refund of charges.

And it's quite clear that you didn't read that far when you posted the
information.

Yes I did.

Your comment provided no evidence that you had.

I don't think it's really relevent.

Other than the fact that it shows that even PayPal accept that charges
can apply to a refund, as they can if the purchaser tries to withdraw
any refund from their PayPal account.

The fact remains that if the seller refunds *through the PayPal refund
process*, then there are no deductions.

My wife must have imagined it.

If they don't use the refund process, then that's a totally different
case, which I'm not interested in discussing any further.

Does the purchaser get to decide how the seller makes the refund? It
seems that is up to the seller and no skin off their nose if the buyer
has to pay something to get their money back.

BTW, I'm taking it from your comments here that you have never attempted
to obtain a refund via PayPal, would that be correct?