Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On 17 Jun 2008 10:58:16 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Tue, 17 Jun 2008 08:25:04 UTC, Mark
wrote:

On 16 Jun 2008 23:24:34 GMT, "Bob Eager" wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 22:21:20 UTC, Harry Bloomfield
wrote:

It happens that Mary Fisher formulated :
What's the problem with that?

Mary
who doesn't buy or sell through e-bay

A seller pays ebay to list the item, then he/she pays a second time for
the transaction via Paypal. It all adds to the cost of selling anything
and obviously cost has to be passed onto the buyer.

And the seller pays a third time - the eBay final value fee.

Add to that a fee from withdrawing money from your Paypal account.

BTW: I thought ebay had banned charging extra for Paypal
transactions?

They have...it means that all prices go up instead.

Not necessarily IMHO. It depends what people are prepared to bid.

--
(\__/) M.
See http://improve-usenet.org