Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism,sci.electronics.repair,rec.backcountry,rec.knives
DaveT DaveT is offline

Default Does anyone know a good LED pocket flashlight with decentbrightness

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:38:39 -0700, wrote:

On Jun 13, 11:36Â*am, y_p_w wrote:
Noticed their review states that they had better runtime on NiMH. Make
sense to some degree. Â*Medium-drain devices tend to be very inefficient
at using alkaline capacity. Â*Alkalines tend to last longer than NiMH
when the drain is really low, like with a low-power LED.

I was told that NiMH cells had a higher self-discharge rate and that
alkaline cells were better if you were not constantly charging them.

Use the (newish) NiMH batteries that come ready charged. I use Uniross
Hybrio, they do not self discharge like the normal ones, hold a charge a
heck of lot longer. They are also a bit cheaper If you do get some do
not bother to recharge any backup batteries when have to do a swap wait a
while that also helps.

--
Dave
Please note, many will not see your posts if you are posting from Google.