Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default security sensor needed for garage door

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 20:52:34 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 11:55:31 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 17:19:00 GMT, _
wrote:

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 12:08:42 -0500, Randy wrote:

My shop has no windows so on nice days I like to keep the overhead
door open. Well some kid watched me welding for awhile then decided
it was safe - snuck in and stole my laptop computer that was connected
to my CNC mill.

Got him on video, filed a police report.

I need some kind of photocell and beam across the doorway to alert me
if anyone walks in. Can garage door safety beams be used? I have a
couple of friends that can wire up or build me a circuit to make them
work, I just don't know how the work, is there a NO or NC output on
those? I was told you cannot just jumper them out, so I'm thinking
it's more like a signal output rather than a switch closure output.

Large dog.

which reminds me...Ill be having another group of pups available in
the next 4 months...seems I didnt catch mommy dog going into heat soon
enough to put her in the kennel.

Not AGAIN!?! That's irresponsible, mon. 50 demerits.

sigh..yes indeed. I didnt get home for 3 weeks..and the ex is a
ditz.

shrug

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal