Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Mark Goodge Mark Goodge is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:53:22 +0100, Brian Watson put finger to
keyboard and typed:

Also, the payments I have received have always been to the sterling amount
of the transaction (say £10.50) but written out for the same figures in
dollars ($10.50) so I've just sent them back and requested Paypal payment,
which I've always then received if they want the goods.

In a previous job, I used to manage on online retail operation. One of
our most common complaints was from Americans who had bought something
worth, say, £10 and then, when they got their monthly statement,
noticed that their credit card had been debited for $20 (or whatever
the actual exchange rate made it) and then threatened to sue us for
charging them twice. There are, it seems, a huge number of Americans
who really don't know that there are other currencies in the world.

Mark
--
Miscellaneous remarks at http://Mark.Goodge.co.uk
"Look at the stars; look how they shine for you"