Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

On Mon, 16 Jun 2008 15:53:22 +0100, Brian Watson wrote:
Also, the payments I have received have always been to the sterling amount
of the transaction (say £10.50) but written out for the same figures in
dollars ($10.50)

Weird.

Oddly I was needing to pay a UK cheque into a US account recently,
and the way my US bank did it was to credit the written value in
dollars immediately, then a few days later dump the difference into the
account after the conversion had been done. US banking always seems a bit
random like that :-)

It cost me a whole dollar, so I can't complain (for comparison my
UK bank charges me $40 if I want to move funds from my UK account to my US
one)

On the ebay/paypal front - I cleared out my paypal account a couple of
months ago. I really don't want to be using them or ebay ever again...

cheers

Jules