Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Aly[_4_] Aly[_4_] is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

I have had no problem in cashing US dollar cheques.

How? I've got a pile of dollar cheques for daft amounts like $23.39 etc.
They're issued monthly though one of these affiliate accounts.

I can't do anything with them. It costs £10 just to put the each cheque
into your GBP account, which works out at about $21 just for negotiation.

The company in question CAN'T hold them back until they reach say $200.
It's AGAINS'T their T&Cs. Once issued a $1,000 one and it bounced! That's
fun! When a negotiated USD cheque bounces, you find out about 9-months
later when a load of paperwork turns up one day. Hence we don't make any
effort to promote them. Direct transfers are out too.

USA companies do have some *funny* ideas. They freely discuss other
customer's accounts too, quite useful information as well.