Posted to uk.d-i-y,cam.misc
Ian Stirling[_5_] Ian Stirling[_5_] is offline

Default Demise of Ebay?

In uk.d-i-y George wrote:

I just noticed one can no longer sell on Ebay without offering PayPal.

Well that's the end of it as far as I am concerned, as a seller.

Isn't this a monopoly issues? And illegal under EU law..not that paypal
has ever bothered to comply with that.

Does it matter? I'd rather pay to a seller through PP this way I know its
been recieved and can get my money back.
Sending a cheque or money order takes more time and PP is instant,the
cheque/MO could get lost in the post which causes ore delay and I've been
there,done that in y early stages of buying off ebay.

How to get free stuff from ebay.

Buy item, pay through paypal, and get it.

Claim item is not as described.
Post a brick back to the seller (tracked).

As you can show paypal a tracking number that was in fact delivered to the
seller, they will now reverse the transaction.

Sell item down pub.

If police arrive, say that the seller is lying, and trying to get out
of giving his refund.