Posted to alt.home.repair

Default putting some solder on a copper pin hole --- flux or not?

"Mike" wrote in message
I just dimpled a copper supply pipe with a screw while hanging durock.

The pinhole does not leak, but I want to put some solder in it. Do I
need to flux the pinhole as I would a regular joint or should I just
clean the copper, heat the pinhole, and melt a bit of copper in it?

Thanks.

mh

Flux. Always, no exceptions or the solder won't stick 99.9% of the time. It
takes but a second to wipe some on so why would you consider any other
method?