Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Goodman HVAC???

"mark" wrote in
:

Has anyone here ever heard of the Goodman brand of HVAC? My nephew is
looking at units, and his friend sells Goodman units. Me personally, I
never heard of 'em. Any feedback? Thanks, Mark

Goodman has been around a long time and many units are installed here in
NC. That also means parts are plentiful and service for them is widely
available and competitive.

All units will eventually crap out. When and how frequently is what
everyone wants to know. The attraction is the initial pricing, Gotta
remember, some people swear by Fords and some by Chevy's. Depends on your
personal experience.

I just had a 2.5 tom Goodman gas pack installed in a 30+ year old place
with the original split AC/furnace system. Ductwork was also installed.
I've worked with the AC company for years and have grown to trust his 25+
years as an owner.Was told the existing ductwork was poorly designed for
flow and that even with a new unit airflow would be poor. He's not
hurting for business and has never recommended this at other places I've
rebuilt.

We've had a heat was from the beginning of June till jst a couple of days
ago where temps were running daily 98-100. A 1250 sf home with a 14ft
cathedral ceiling. Ductwork in crawlspace. The hottest part of the day
(and unit is in direct sun at this time) it pushes a 22 degree
differential. Other times the differential has been 25-27 degrees,

So, up front, I'm happy with the Goodman and with the HVAC company work.
I won't be here to see have it works over time but if the new owner
changes the filter religiously the first of every month like I do, spends
the 75 bucks a year to have it checked out and doesn't pile **** around
it outside, I bet the damn thing will die after me.