Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] nomail-nospam@no.org is offline

Default painting/staining concrete driveway help please

wrote:

It was already painted when i bought the house. so i thought it
needed a fresh coat after 4 years. i realize i have to paint or stain
every few years. but i want to be sure to do it right and in the way
it lasts the longest. any ideas?

Everything comes down to cost and whether you pay now or later.

What I would do is get a hold of a reputable cement contractor and
investigate the possibility of a 1-2 inch integrally pigmented
overlay. It's going to hurt but could be the answer for the long haul.

http://directcolors.com/ConcreteStain/index.html

Compare their pigment price/lb as opposed to the "retail" stores.
I've used such pigments many times, usually only for the top inches of
fresh concrete. It may be possible to resurface older concrete the
same way.

HTH

P.S. If you go this route, make sure you fully document the entire
operation with pictures and all. Whoever ends up buying your house
next will be reassured of the value.