Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default Re-grouting tub- need advice cleaning old tile

George Abbot wrote:

Just got through with the hard part (removing old grout) and now need
a little advice.

I need to clean the old tile and the suggestion I got was tri-sodium
phosphate to get rid of water and soap stains and 50:50 clorox
solution for mildew. Also have rust stains, and that usually is
cleaned with mild acids. I know to keep them all as totally separate
treatments with long rinses to avoid gassing myself - even with all
the fans I have going.

Any other suggestions or is what I am doing the easiest way to clean
the tile with all its different stains?

GA

I just started using Scrubbin Bubbles for our tile - pretty amazing. If
there is soap scum, a razor blade scraper first. There can be an
amazing amount of soap scum without being seen.