Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Goodman HVAC???

On Sun 15 Jun 2008 07:46:49a, Duff2 told us...

On Tue, 20 May 2008 20:03:51 -0700 (PDT), ransley
wrote:

On May 20, 8:17*pm, "mark" wrote:
Has anyone here ever heard of the Goodman brand of HVAC? *My nephew is
looking at units, and his friend sells Goodman units. Me personally, I
never heard of 'em. Any feedback? Thanks, Mark

There was an 8 year or so poll by Consumer Reports of maybe 35000,
Goodman came in a solid Last Place by a good margin, Get the review
online.

Goodman is number one seller in America. That means they sell more
than anyone else. I would expect a halfass poorly executed poll of
consumers would indicate more complaints even though their equipment
failure rate was better than the others.

We have had two Goodman units in two different homes with nary a problem.
Both hve also cooled well and efficiently.

35000 out of the probable many more thousands that are sold is hardly a
poor recommendation.

Consumer Reports is often full of crap anyway. It is rare that I agree
with their assessment of products after I've done my own research.

--
Wayne Boatwright
Sunday, 06(VI)/15(XV)/08(MMVIII)