Posted to 24hoursupport.helpdesk,sci.electronics.repair
JANA JANA is offline

Default motherboards power socket reapir on laptop

Take the computer to a service place where they have the proper tools
for soldering and they do this type of work all the time. This will
avoid you from damaging the mother board. If you cause damage, you will
need a new mother board!

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
Hi, I had a loose power socket and superglued it and that lasted just
fine for a few months. Then it went out beyond
an ability to glue it again, but still have a occasional power
connection when moving it. I pulled out the motherboard and the solder
on the bottom side of the board where the socket connects, the solder
was burnt away and brittle.

I'm not much of a solderer, just have a cheap soldering iron with a
large tip. Is there a pretty much common method to repair this, I was
thinking of dropping a drop of solder where the solder failed instead
of finding somebody to repair it. Then putting the laptop back
together and see if it works and do a re-superglue of the offending
loose socket.

Thanks for any tips or suggestions. Tools needed, over my head in my
abilities?

It's a compaq presario 1692

Thanks