Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
RoyJ RoyJ is offline

Default Help: Drill Press Machine Project

Sorry, couldn't count the steps! Normally there are 4 steps in each
pulley. You need 3 pulleys to get this to work: one on the motor, one on
the spindle, and the center one as an idler. The idler pulley will have
one belt going each way so there are less than the 4x4 speeds. Sounds
like you have all the parts, just needs to be reassmbled.

Sounds like a 14" bandsaw. The magic number you will need is the
circumference around both wheels to get the necessary blade length. For
this machine, it will likely be something like 91-1/2 to 93-1/2"

I presumed that pic bandsaw6 showed the table leaning up against the
guard. On closer examination, it is the door to the guard assembly. So
no table. But the bracket with the half round slots is the base for the
table.

Searcher7 wrote:
You said that the drill press is missing the "4 step pulley". I don't
understand. In this photo there are two 5-step pulleys:
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...rillPress1.jpg

The one not attached has a wood dowel wedged through the center that
obviously has to be removed so I can place it on the motor.

I measured the top wheel inside the bandsaw housing and it came out
top 13-3/4 inches, so I assume that this would be considered a 14"
bandsaw.

Of what you mentioned, the table and table support are what I don't
have yet.(I just need to figure out what size I should be looking
for).

Thanks.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.

************************************************** ************************************************** ******************************************

On Jun 14, 10:41 am, RoyJ wrote:
IIRC, AMT is out of business. But both units look like import specials.

Others have mentioned Harbor Freight for parts. Here's the trick to get
part numbers: Stop in the store if they have one locally, get the model
numbers for any that look close to what you have. Go to the website,
download the user manuals, they almost always have a parts breakdown in
the back. Figure out what you need, call HF customer service.

HF parts tend to be very modestly priced (the good news) but many of
them have to be ordered from China and take weeks or months to get (the
bad news)

The drill press is missing the 4 step pulley. Good item to get from HF
parts.

The bandsaw seems to be almost complete. Upper guide, lower guide,
table, table support, and stand. I don't see the little 'C' shaped
table to table support locking pieces. I rarely use my table tilt
feature, consider just bolting a pieces of 3/4" plywood or suitable sink
cutout directly to the frame. Bolts are likely to be metric, don't force
anything when replacing a bolt.

Searcher7 wrote:
I have some metal and woodworking projects I'd like to get to, but
first I have to get to two project machines(Drill Press & Bandsaw)
that I picked up a couple months ago.
http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...slander/Tools/
I'm getting ready to clean them up, but I'd appreciate any
recommendations on where I can get parts.
The Drill Press has a single phase 3/4" horse power motor that I'll
have to take apart.(But I'd like to find a simular motor for the
bandsaw).
Going by the pics, can anyone tell me if there are any specific parts
I should be scouting for?
Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Thanks a lot.
Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.- Hide quoted text -