Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
William Noble William Noble is offline

Default Drill Press Machine Project

your drill press needs a motor pulley - try harbor freight - it looks like
the generic made in china unit, so there is an excellent change that the
replacement pulley for a similar HF unit will be correct. Then you will
need 2 V belts. You can use it with one handle missing, or buy a
replacement handle. I sold a drill press like yours, but complete, and with
a much better chuck (and a better table) for $150 - so be careful not to put
too much $$ into it.

the bandsaw appears to be missing the table and all the parts that go with
it - try the same source - HF and see what you can find - but again, don't
put more than 1/2 of what a new one costs into it. For a motor, find
something used for $5 or $10 max, there are plenty of old motors around -
3/4 HP will do. I can't tell if the saw guides are complete, you need to
look at a parts list and see if they are all there. And, on that type of
cheap bandsaw, the carrier for the upper wheel can fail (it happened on
mine) - if that happens you need to make a new one

"Searcher7" wrote in message
I have some metal and woodworking projects I'd like to get to, but
first I have to get to two project machines(Drill Press & Bandsaw)
that I picked up a couple months ago.

http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...slander/Tools/

I'm getting ready to clean them up, but I'd appreciate any
recommendations on where I can get parts.

The Drill Press has a single phase 3/4" horse power motor that I'll
have to take apart.(But I'd like to find a simular motor for the
bandsaw).

Going by the pics, can anyone tell me if there are any specific parts
I should be scouting for?

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot.

Darren Harris
Staten Island, New York.