Posted to uk.d-i-y
GC[_2_] GC[_2_] is offline

Default Cable size adn MCB size for Spa pool

Guys

Posting from sunny New Zealand. Getting a spa pool delivered soon and
just had wiring done.

Specs say it needs 32amp. It has 2 pumps rated at 2.25KW each. A
blower at 700w and a circ pump at 0.25 kw. Reckon that should be
everything if all switched on at same time...

Importer who sold it to me said his was running on a 40amp MCB and 6mm
square cable....Sparkie who just did a homer used 4mm square cable
instead saying it was ample. Two core and earth - PVC sheathed.

Cable run is 23 metres from fuse to outside switch to spa.... Will
4mm cable be sufficient? Suffice to say my experience of some of the
building codes etc here is they stretch the specs somewhat more than
when I lived in the UK.

Thanks for your input.