Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default Missing in America

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:24:23 -0500, Puddin' Man
wrote:

Or, at least, very goddamn difficult to find in my neck of the woods
(midwest US).

Item A: A Viable Toaster

Everybody knows that toastables (bread, etc) comes in various thicknesses,
densities, etc. About the only way to toast a broad cross-section of
toastables was to set to lo heat, run a test cycle, observe the degree
of toasting, and re-toast until done.

Maybe 8 years ago I shopped for a toaster and found that the brilliant
genii designing toasters had buggered the lot of 'em so the circuitry
wouldn't re-toast without waiting for a period, relegating the old
strategy impractical.

So I re-conditioned an ancient Toastmaster and it's still in use. Expected
to roll over and die any picosecond.

Does anybody know if there are now viable and reasonably-priced
toasters with non-mutant circuitry on the US market? :-)

This one is not complicated.

http://www.antiqbuyer.com/images/KIt...ers/toast5.jpg