Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism,sci.electronics.repair,rec.backcountry,rec.knives
y_p_w y_p_w is offline

Default Does anyone know a good LED pocket flashlight with decentbrightness

On Jun 13, 11:13 am, Siskuwihane wrote:
On Jun 12, 2:11 pm, " wrote:

On Jun 12, 7:44 am, "JoeSpareBedroom" wrote: Will it do a serious job of illuminating something from 100 feet away, maybe
on a rainy night?

As far as I know, none of the multi-LED flashlights will thow a
focussed beam. I have seen some with a single-LED rated at 1-watt
(common) or 3-watts (rare), and you can kind of focus those.

I have a 3 watt Luxeon, it's a Ray-O-Vac Sportsman Extreme, cost
around $24. It's actually a re-branded
Nuwai X-3. Available at Wal-Mart, but they sell out extremely fast (at
least around here).

http://www.flashlightreviews.com/reviews/nuwai_x-3.htm

Noticed their review states that they had better runtime on NiMH.
Make sense to some degree. Medium-drain devices tend to be very
inefficient at using alkaline capacity. Alkalines tend to last longer
than NiMH when the drain is really low, like with a low-power LED.