Posted to rec.woodworking
Tanus Tanus is offline

Default Assembling CD Tower

Student wrote:
On Jun 13, 10:05 am, dpb wrote:
Student wrote:

I don't have expensive Besseys, I use instead straps with ratchets.
Takes time to get used to quickly passing the starps around and
locking them up. ...

Don't need expensive Bessey clamps, but you do need clamps rather than
straps. Straps have their place, but this kind of glue up ain't that place.

No? The worked fine for me, except they are more tedious to use. Why
do you think this is not their place?

Inexpensive bar clamps would suit...

Don't have enough of them. I also foud that inexpensive ones are often
poorly made. I bought some on sale at Sears, and at least 1 in 5 had
some problem: the handle would fall off, the head would slide off, or
sometimes even break. When I save enough pennies, I'll try some Pony
clamps with black pipes. They seem reasonable compromise quality-
price.

--

I think these are still on sale. If you're on a budget, the ones listed
here are worth a look. They sure aren't Besseys, but I'm happy enough

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...,57673&p=57673

Tanus