Posted to alt.home.repair
Red Green Red Green is offline

Default Removing Thick Wallpaper Paste

"Colbyt" wrote in
:

"Red Green" wrote in message
Old house that had some wallpaper boarder up. No sizing. Removed
tediously.
Paste caked on thick. Wall has a texture. Paste filled in the
texture. I can probably make it not very noticable between feather
edge sanding, priming, etc.

Can wallpaper paste removers disolve this off or is that basically
for thin
residuals? Any personal experience with a particular one worked out
good?

Have a look-see here for a rough idea of it:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2dwht9k&s=3

On plaster you can scrub with a "greenie" or something harsher. On
drywall I would not use anything heavier that a "whitey". In both of
those case I am referring to the scouring pads that are used in
kitchens. 3M is one brand.

Warm water with a little vinegar will work as well as anything you can
buy. Change you rinse water VERY often.

Colbyt

Scrubbing with a greenie and warm water is in the plan. Got a ****load
(specific unit of measurement back in VT) of them. Thanks for the vinegar
tip Colbyt.