Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default DWV pipe through studs

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:53:54 -0400, EXT wrote:

"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:30:10 +0000, JC wrote:

"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message
I'm using 2" DWV pipe for bathroom/kitchen sinks and vent. I'm in
the process of constructing the walls. Can I get by with a 2x6" wall
or do I need 2x8"? I will be boring the studs to accommodate the
pipe.

--

================================================= Franz Fripplfrappl

If they are not load bearing, I see no problem with 2x6. But, I think
you're going to find that most fixtures are geared for 1 1/2" fittings
so why use 2 inch pipe?

It's venting to roof. I have 3" to septic, toilet. Using 2" vent.

Is this legal in your area? Here you must have at least one 3" vent
line, secondary vents for additional sinks, toilets, etc. can be 1 1/2"
pipe and if they don't tie back into the 3" main vent they must expand
to 3" as they exit the roof.

Already checked: vent cannot be smaller than 1/2 of pipe. A 2" works
just fine with the 3" system.

Franz Fripplfrappl