Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism,sci.electronics.repair,rec.backcountry,rec.knives
[email protected] jfeng@my-deja.com is offline

Default Does anyone know a good LED pocket flashlight with decentbrightness

On Jun 12, 7:15*am, wrote:
How reliable are they? I'd worry about the switch and the LEDs
crapping out. Good LEDs and machined aluminum are not cheap even in
China... I'd buy a tie for 10RMB in China, but not an LED flashlight.

Who knows? None of mine (or the ones that I gave as stocking
stuffers) have failed yet. Not very long, but no obvious infant
mortality. The illumination is uniform. With fresh batteries, the
light is very bright. As far as I know, they are all made in China
and imported. The only advantage I know of getting it at a place like
REI is that they will give you a replacement if yours breaks, but for
the price difference, I can afford to be self-insured. I have an
older brand-name LED flashlight (Coast), and it is not as bright and
some LEDs have failed. And for 10 RMB, I would be and was willing to
take a chance.