Posted to rec.woodworking
Tom Veatch Tom Veatch is offline

Default Band Saw Link Belts??? Drill Press??

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 11:42:09 -0700 (PDT), Hoosierpopi
wrote:

I am contemplating replacing the belts on my Delta 14" Band Saw and
(2) on my Floor Model Drill Press with the Link belts I use on my
SEARS table saw with such great results.

I was curious to hear if anyone has tried them on either thier BS or
DP and what their experience(s) might have been.

For the OP, using the link belts on my Jet DP, I noticed two results.
First there is significantly less vibration, and even better, it is
much quicker and easier to switch belts around on the pulleys to
change speed. From my point of view, a very worthwhile modification.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA