Posted to alt.home.repair
franz fripplfrappl franz fripplfrappl is offline

Default DWV pipe through studs

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 13:30:10 +0000, JC wrote:

"franz fripplfrappl" wrote in message
I'm using 2" DWV pipe for bathroom/kitchen sinks and vent. I'm in the
process of constructing the walls. Can I get by with a 2x6" wall or do
I need 2x8"? I will be boring the studs to accommodate the pipe.

--

If they are not load bearing, I see no problem with 2x6. But, I think
you're going to find that most fixtures are geared for 1 1/2" fittings
so why use 2 inch pipe?

It's venting to roof. I have 3" to septic, toilet. Using 2" vent.

Franz Fripplfrappl