Posted to rec.autos.tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.autos
Dave[_4_] Dave[_4_] is offline

Default New battery, car still dead as doornail

"Eeyore" wrote in message

Believe it or not I have once stupidly done the same (just brushed the
terminals
thankfully) but it seems everything was reverse protected.

Yeah, I did it to sheepish grin on my Toyota Celica GT about 20 years ago.
In a dimly lit parking garage at K-Mart late one night when I needed a
battery. No damage other than blowing the fuse that controlled my the
motors on my flip-up headlights (although headlights still worked, just
pointed straight down). Flipped it around and the car was A-OK. Did make
some sparks as I recall and I did feel exceedingly stupid for not being more
careful.