Posted to alt.home.repair
Don Young Don Young is offline

Default coolair4000

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
A window AC is not an "evaporative cooler". Go ahead, and buy it.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"ken" wrote in message
Our central a/c doesn't do much for our upstairs rooms and i am
thinking of buying a coolair4000 unit to supplement.

we live in the Wash DC area where the humidity is high - will the
coolair4000 unit help us cool the bedroom areas upstairs?

Somewhere i read that evaopratif coolers shouldn;t be used in high
humidity

Ken

I am not familiar with the "Coolair 4000" but window mount evaporative
coolers using water do exist. They work very well in the desert Southwest
and other areas of very low humidity. You would not be happy with one in the
DC area. Either get an air conditioner or save your money and get a fan.

Don Young