Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism,sci.electronics.repair,rec.backcountry,rec.knives
y_p_w y_p_w is offline

Default Does anyone know a good LED pocket flashlight with decentbrightness

Nate Nagel wrote:
(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per N8N:

the Lowe's 3W 2C cell flashlight is the best I've ever owned, period.
And it's about $30. Kicks butt

I bought one for use on my bike.

Couple weeks later, I bought a half-dozen more tb used as gifts.

That's one *Brave* little light.

yeah, I think you might have actually contributed to the thread that
turned me on to it. I wouldn't have found it by myself as I don't have
a Lowe's real handy, but it was worth the trip. I also got the
replacement collimator from dealextreme to try to make it more suitable
for bike use, but haven't had a chance to ride after dark since it
showed up since every day I've had a free evening it's either been
raining torrentially, over 90 degrees, or both. I did ride a little
after dark with it as it was "out of the box" and it flat out rocks.

The closest Lowe's to home is a good 30 miles away from where I live.
Ticks me off too. We've got tons of Home Depot stores, but Lowe's
happens to carry the best 13W compact fluorescents (Sylvania brand)
I've ever seen. The fire up in less than half a second at near 100%
warmed up brightness immediately. And they were only $2 for a 2/pack
with a little incentive from our local power company (not a rebate
BTW). I'm just a little bit peeved that I only bought two boxes.