Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism,sci.electronics.repair,rec.backcountry,rec.knives
Don Klipstein Don Klipstein is offline

Default Does anyone know a good LED pocket flashlight with decent brightness

In ,
wrote:

I'm looking for a small LED flashlight to carry with me:

- Short and thin enough to fit in my pocket (around 4" length)

- Uses AA or AAA batteries (easy to find, not lithium)

- Has decent brightness (enough to read a house number)

- Lasts longer than 2 hours

- Reliable switch

- Should be able to withstand sweaty hand or occasional water splash

The closest thing I've seen is an Inova at Target, but the light is a
bit dim and the runtime is only 2 hours.

The Mag 3-AA LED light satisfies all of these requirements except for
its length.

The 2-AA Mag LEDis shorter but still over 4 inches long, and noticeably
dimmer than the 3-AA one.

One place to look:
http://ledmuseum.home.att.net/ledleft.htm, and
search in that huge table of contents for "trophy case". Most of the
items there are LED flashlights, and all of the "Trophy Case" flashlights
perform well and are mostly waterproof. A few of those will cost a lot
less than an arm and a leg.

- Don Klipstein )