Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Bayonet ID

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 09:08:12 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner quickly quoth:

On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 22:47:01 -0800, pyotr filipivich
wrote:

And that rating has done some interesting things to the tactics of
those wearing it. You don't turn and run, you scuttle sidewise like a
crab "I'm wearing this wall!" as the E6 told me.

Its also the reason we are having so many people coming back from the
Sandbox sans arms, legs and with brain injuries.

Being involved in explosions that in any other war would have simply
killed you outright, are being survived in this one, due to good
quality body armor. Arms, legs and heads of course are not covered by
this torso armor.

I'm not so sure I'd reeeeealy want to survive if I were missing arms,
legs, and/or had brain injuries/PTSD after a nasty war. Dad caught an
AK round in the steel bottom of his C-123 seat directly below The
Boys. Had it been a wooden seat, he said -he- might not have wanted to
survive that triple dismemberment. (I agreed.)
He was over there in '65 pushing strapped-together crates of chickens
or pigs out on chutes. It took half a dozen Airmen to get the cows to
"voluntarily" jump with their chute harnesses.

MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
O!

--
Besides the noble art of getting things done, there is a nobler art of
leaving things undone. The wisdom of life consists in the elimination