Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Cooker connection ...

John Stumbles wrote:
On Tue, 10 Jun 2008 08:44:34 +0100, Bob Mannix wrote:

Well there are two functions. The cooker requires [may need] an anti
tilt so that leaning on the oven door doesn't tip pans of boiling stuff
over the front edge. The chain ensures that, when the cooker is pulled
out to clean behind (or whatever) no strain is taken by the hose as the
chain tightens first. I think a gas installer would only worry about the
second as it's part of the gas safety.

The chain or anti-tilt device is to protect the hose, not the user from
spilling pans of chip fat. (Otherwise we'd have the same regs for electric
cookers.)

I have electric ones with the same anti tilt mechanisms...

--
Cheers,

John.