Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.survivalism,sci.electronics.repair,rec.backcountry,rec.knives
GregS[_3_] GregS[_3_] is offline

Default Does anyone know a good LED pocket flashlight with decent brightness

In article , wrote:
I'm looking for a small LED flashlight to carry with me:

- Short and thin enough to fit in my pocket (around 4" length)

- Uses AA or AAA batteries (easy to find, not lithium)

- Has decent brightness (enough to read a house number)

- Lasts longer than 2 hours

- Reliable switch

- Should be able to withstand sweaty hand or occasional water splash

The closest thing I've seen is an Inova at Target, but the light is a
bit dim and the runtime is only 2 hours.

Thanks in advance -

I was recommending the standard Dorcy LED lamp sold at Sears and Walmart for $20.
The beam is not real tight, but its a great lamp, maybe too fat, but fits
in pocket just fine. They also have a longer slim focusable light. I have not used that one.
The AAA $20 Dorcy lights bright for about 3 hours, but will continue to light for a couple days
getting dimmer. Its also a nice warm white. The switch is good. On the new one I just bought
I fiddled with the end caps to get a good contact. With most of my flashlights I always try lubing the parts,
batteries and contact whenever I can get to them. I like CRC 2-26.

greg