Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bayonet ID

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:46:34 -0700
in rec.crafts.metalworking :
Im a voracious student of life, and military and geopolitical history.
Ive talked to many russians , most whom were military in both the
Great War, and many all the way through Afghanistan. One of my
buddies...a master machinist living in Burbank, was Spetnaz..and in
Afghanistan. Many of my friends are ex-military..from many armies
across the planet. Some served in more than one...shrug.

They talk, I listen, I seperate the bull**** from the facts, and ask
intelligent questions.

There is something about those who have seen the elephant, or
Elefant, or what ever ... that they get along better with each other
than with those who haven't. The German term was Komraden, like
comrade, but with over tones of "Hey, we all went through boot camp
with a DI who could peel paint chew and had a first sergeant who could
eat nails and **** tacks ... "
I got great respect for those who have been there, done that,
would rather have not done either ... regardless of which side they
were on.
Had a landlord once. Got shot on D-Day in Normandy, Bullet right
through the forearm - missed the bones. Enough to get him sent home,
back to the Augsburg area. Milliard mark wound.

tschus
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed