Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bayonet ID

I missed the Staff meeting, but the Memos showed that Gunner Asch
wrote on Mon, 09 Jun 2008 17:07:43 -0700
in rec.crafts.metalworking :
Unfortunately for the Russians, experience has taught them not to
get their hopes up. It's almost genetic by now. (In a similar vein, a
friend wrote of getting their house built in Greece a few years ago.
With over two thousand years of dealing with tax laws, tax avoidance
was part and parcel of the planning. Real short form, if you get the
county to sign off on the frame of the building, then that is the
"final" price of the house, and taxes are based on that. Then you
hire someone to finish the work... But they've changed the laws,
again, and now everybody is looking for the edge to get around it,)

The russian experience...indeed. I know a number of emigris from the
old soviet union...Latvia, the Ukraine, Georgia....

ive hung out in russian coffee houses, listened to the old music....

It will take generations of outbreeding to get rid of the paranoia,
the deep dispair and the cynisism from their gene pool.

shrug...

The Bolsheviks provided the one thing the Russian peoples wanted,
which the Social Democrats and the Provisional Government could not
provide: a reason to drink.

The interesting thing I heard on a pod cast a couple weeks back,
the speaker had been in San Francisco on business, and heard Russian
music coming from a Synagogue. He checks it out, it's a reunion of
ex-pat Veterans of the Great Patriotic War, decked out in their
medals, and remembering when they were soldiers once, and young. "Only
in America!" He said it was quite an emotional moment in it's own
right.

sigh

pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
"I had just been through hell and must have looked like death warmed