Posted to alt.home.repair
Mark Mark is offline

Default Is my electrician dangerous? Please read

"Doobielicious" wrote in message
OK. My electrician has 1 feed for one of my bedrooms and a couple plugs in
I am almost thinking about telling my general contractor that he will
not

get paid for my reno until this electrical situation is fixed properly and
am thinking about getting another electrician to make the fix because I
don't think I can trust this electrician.

Any and all advice is welcome

Thanks in Advance

Hey Doob,
I'm sure after the feedback you've received here your mind is pretty well
made up. I have to chime in and agree with the majority about the
electrician. I know a little bit about house wiring, not enough to be an
expert like some of those posting here. But even I know that putting your
switches in the neutral line is a huge no-no.... From what you have
described, you need to voice your displeasure with the GC about the
situation. Since the electrician is trying to pull a fast one, you need to
have someone you have confidence in. Let's face it, of the home utilities,
electric can be the trickiest and most potentially dangerous. And I would
still let the inspector know what happened, he may want to give closer
scrutiny to the rest of the job. Who knows, maybe this particular
electrician has a past history of working like this. His job isn't to bust
the electrician's balls, but it is to protect you, the homeowner. I had an
electrical inspection done after a major remodel, and he just gave the panel
a cursory once over. So, speak up to the GC, and please keep us posted with
the outcome. Mark
P.S. Buy a $5 tester and check ALL of his outlets for peace of mind.