Posted to rec.woodworking
dwolf[_2_] dwolf[_2_] is offline

Default adding metal details ?

I could consider using the metal as an inlay... not flush with the surface
but set in... Then I could use a thin sheet ?

"dwolf" wrote in message
Customers always have away of expanding our horizons.. often I shy away
from things I have not done before, but some of my best work has come from
tackling new styles and materials..
I do a fair amount of Art Deco designs.. (wood)
This new client loves metal.. chrome or other similar alloys.
My potential design is going to have a detail taken from an antique..
Picture here
http://www.jlfurniture.com/Contact/samples/samples.html

The small strips of metal rapping around the sides..
I'm also thinking of some sort of metal strips on the base..
I have no experience with metal and I'm hoping for some suggestions from
the group and how to do this.
One possibility is to find someone local to work with (metal worker)
Or maybe there are products that I can easily use ???

Thanks Joel