Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bayonet ID

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 20:39:25 -0700, Zayonc wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 15:52:56 -0700, Zayonc wrote:

On 2008-06-09, Wes wrote:

Zayonc wrote:

"When the last bullet in the revolver thudded into a man's brain, the
commander shoved the pistol back in its holster and walked away."

This one is nice! No revolvers in Soviet Army. May be this
one was the one Iggy found the bayonete for?

Gee, never heard about the Nagant 1895 Gas Seal Revolver?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nagant_M1895

I've got one or three or so of them.

I believe that they phased out of Soviet army before WWII and replaced
with TT pistols. I may be mistaken, however.

You are absolutely correct - Nagan was never the service weapon
of Soviet Army - it was phased out long time ago, and this was
wrong thing to do.

passed to a higher plane of stupid...fascinating!

I think this is mostly all you could say? Your "metal" content
is significantly higher then in this areas. Military man is
always military man. This is the diagnose - not compliment.

And in your case..the diagnosis is 'stupid is as stupid does"

you have been consistantly and blatantly utterly wrong in every aspect
you have posted on in this thread.

one hopes you are a better machinist than a miltary historian let
alone any sort of authority on weapons.

Gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal