Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Mannix Bob Mannix is offline

Default Cooker connection ...

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"John Stumbles" wrote in message
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 10:37:20 +0100, John Rumm wrote:

as far as I am aware flexi hoses are still commonly used for
free-standing cooker. Its built in hobs that need rigid piping. Make
sure your fitter fits the anti tilt device on the cooker as well.

Or a chain: an anti-tilt bracket on a range is particularly ridiculous
since you'd have to be built like a sumo wrestler to tilt it over whereas
there's still a danger of straining the hose by moving the cooker to get
access behind it.

--
John Stumbles

Good point. Now I come to think back, the flexi-hose installation that I
had some years back, had a chain on a hook in the wall.

Well there are two functions. The cooker requires [may need] an anti tilt so
that leaning on the oven door doesn't tip pans of boiling stuff over the
front edge. The chain ensures that, when the cooker is pulled out to clean
behind (or whatever) no strain is taken by the hose as the chain tightens
first. I think a gas installer would only worry about the second as it's
part of the gas safety.

--
Bob Mannix
(anti-spam is as easy as 1-2-3 - not