Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Todd Rich Todd Rich is offline

Default Power hammer construction help?

Bill wrote:
Todd Rich wrote in
:

(snip)
Well, I'm in Eastern PA, so while the drive is do-able, it would
probably run more in gas than the mag drill rental. Thank you for the
offer though, it is most appreicated.
Todd
(I work in a machine shop, but I think the last time I saw a floor
press was a few years ago. I'll go looking around and see what I can
find.)

Where in Eastern PA, I'm in Reading.

Bill

Well, it looks like I'm going an alternate route. I've gotten a 1" thick
round plate that I'll be drilling and then tapping. I've also gotten a
section of tubing to act as a sleeve. I'll mill some slots on the sleeve,
then weld it over the rod, and then drop the plate in and weld it in
place. It won't be quite as good as if I'd gone solid, but it should be
reasonably close.
Todd