Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bayonet ID

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 13:09:50 -0700, Zayonc wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 21:18:01 -0700, Zayonc wrote:

Jim Wilkins wrote:

On Jun 8, 2:12 am, Wes wrote:

And if it says the KGB troops are behind you, keep going forward, it is soviet.

General James Gavin was the US commander in Berlin right after the
war, and Marshall Zhukov was the Soviet commander. They met often and
became friendly, but Gavin reported that he was the only person who
could be around Zhukov without fearing for his life.

So what was the real issue? Was Zhukov so Terrible, or
people around to easy to be scared or may be Gavin was
megalomaniac?

the russian military had little regard for individual soldiers lives.
one could be executed, purged etc for simply being in view when a
superior woke up with a hangover. Unless you had what is called a
"rabbi' in western terms...or were of equivelent rank or otherwise
protected in some fashion...there was no safety for you.

Gunner, looks like your life was full bodied! Possible after
you walked through Concentration Camps in 70-es you also served
in russian (by the way - why not Soviet?) military, I suppose
under some pretended name. Otherwise - from where did you get so
much knowledge about so obscure matters?

blink blink....I was right..you are a buffoon.

Im a voracious student of life, and military and geopolitical history.
Ive talked to many russians , most whom were military in both the
Great War, and many all the way through Afghanistan. One of my
buddies...a master machinist living in Burbank, was Spetnaz..and in
Afghanistan. Many of my friends are ex-military..from many armies
across the planet. Some served in more than one...shrug.

They talk, I listen, I seperate the bull**** from the facts, and ask
intelligent questions. Btw..I was on walkabout, using up some
accumulated leave time, using my military ID and some other ID to
hitch rides and air travel, while recovering from wounds suffered
during my 2nd combat tour in RVN. I also did a very short stint as a
"security guard" in Africa, on a "farm". I didnt approve of
apartheid, and the disgust was more than my love of killing
Communists, so I bailed out.

Gavin was protected because he was both an equal and a representative
of an ally govenment.

You should understand that nobody was protected when dealing
with such evil Communists! Gavin survived just be accident,
possible Zhukov did not have hangovers mornings Gavin visited?

stalin would have purged Zhukov for playing fast and loose with the
brief truce between America and the USSR, so Gavin was as safe as
houses. Sentiment at the time in the US military was to nuke Moscow
and to hell with the consequences before the Communist threat grew too
great. Truman wasnt all that adverse to the idea either. If we had
had more bombs coming out of Tennesee...we may well have done exactly
that.

Potsdam was the last time we all were touchy feely group hugs with the
ussr......and then it was a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my
friend"

Once Herr schicklegrubber took the big dirt nap...all bets were off.

We enjoyed WW3 for the next 50 odd yrs, which ended in 1991

You are aware of why KGB troops trailed behind regular russian troops
are you not? They usually were a heavy machine gun organization and
their job was to shoot any Russian soldier or soldier(s) who didnt
give their all in a charge, or even hesitated, let along started to
fall back.

For this one I could only add that KGB troops were very bad
marksmen! Missed a lot and coz they were firing to the Germans
direction this was the actual reason why Soviet Army killed 80%
of all German troops in WWII.

Blink blink....the reason the soviets killed as many germans as they
did...was the fact they were engaged in Total War with the germans,
black flag, few prisoners on either side were taken. WIth so many
germans that deep inside of mother russia...and so few ever came out
of holy mother russia.....

Operation Barbarosa started in 1941. And ended with the stalingrad
debacle. The nazis should have paid attention to napoleons history
with the russians....and they should never have tried exterminating
the Untermenschen....Russians, men woman and children..for which they
lost their wide spread support among a huge number of russians who
supported the germans themselves in their war against stalin.

yob...many areas of western russia were german, since hundreds of t
housands moved to russia do to cathrins proclamation in 1763

The Smolensk Manifesto alone brought about a half million russian
voluntereers on the Germans side when they attacked
Stalingrad...Russians who hated stalin and the communists and figured
the germans were the best vehicle to get rid of stalin.

the Germans of course...****ed it all away. And the rest is bloody
history and mass graves fertilizing holy mother russia..the result of
black flag war on both sides.

why do you think so many germans were desperate to be captured by the
Allies rather than the russians?

The german army, the ss and the luftwaffe bled itself white in Russia,
the baltics....the Eaastern front. though to be fair..the weather
and starvation, and disease killed as many germans as did russian
soldiers.

shrug...

The movie Enemy at the Gates showed this rather well.

Ok, thanks, now I see! This is the source of your knowledge!
Very respectable source indeed!

A.

careful Comrade...your buffoonery is approaching mass stupidity

yob tvoyu mat, tovarich.

gunner

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal