Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Ignoramus25756 Ignoramus25756 is offline

Default Bayonet ID

On 2008-06-09, Wes wrote:
Zayonc wrote:

You are absolutely correct - Nagan was never the service weapon
of Soviet Army - it was phased out long time ago, and this was
wrong thing to do.

Gee, my arsenal refinished one marked 1930, 1941, 1943.... seems to make me think they
were considered useful.

They were but not in the military.

This revolver was designed in Belgium by Nagant brothers (Emile and Leon) in the late
1880s - early 1890s, and was adopted by numerous countries, including Sweden and Poland,
but the major user and manufacturer was undoubtfully Russia (and later Soviet Union).
Russian government adopted Nagant revolver in 1895, and local production began in 1898
(first shipments were from Belgium). It was a standard russian sidearm until 1930, when
M1895 Nagant was declared obsolete, but it was widely used and manufactured during World
War 2, and manufacture was finally ceased circa 1950.

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg102-e.htm

Any functional gun beats no gun.

And a lousy gun that you know well, beats one that you don't.

posting on Usenet.
http://improve-usenet.org/