Posted to alt.home.repair
amdx amdx is offline

Default Coleman Powermate

"ransley" wrote in message
On Jun 9, 1:44 pm, "amdx" wrote:
Three years ago I bought a Colemane Powermate (ProGen 5000)
I unboxed it Saturday evening plugged in some freezers and it worked fine
for over an hour. Then it stopped producing current. The circuit breakers
did not trip. The engine runs fine. The only procedure in the manual is
about remagnetizing the unit.
It doesn't seem to me that it would lose magnitism while it is producing
power.
Anybody have a clue?
Thanks, Mike
BTW, Coleman powermate is closed, employees laidoff, bankrupcy and
lawsuits
are filed.

Its probably something that was defective and would have shown up 3
years ago after 1 hr, I also thought remagnatising was done only if no
power was produced. All you can do is run it and trace the power flow,
or you might open the panel and smell something bad.
alt.energy.homepower has alot of genheads visiting that know
equipment.

Thanks for the tip on alt.energy.homepower.
Mike