Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Bayonet ID

On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 11:56:42 -0500, Ignoramus25756

On 2008-06-09, Larry Jaques novalidaddress@di wrote:
On Mon, 09 Jun 2008 09:01:03 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus25756 quickly quoth:

OK... Good points on the blade etc. I just got myself a buck knife
instead, that seems to actually be nicely made and has a more
practical shape and dimensions.

Let's pray that if you bought an actual Buck brand knife, it was a
very old one. From what I've seen and heard, the new ones aren't even
as good as the 10-for-a-dollar knives from China.

I think Searz sells 'em.

Unfortunately, your payers were not granted at the time of purchase,
this is a new Buck brand made in the US, not an old one. Seems to be
stainless. I think that it will work for me. I am not a very demanding
user. I will try to sharpen it as well as I can with that diamond
plated flat bar.

hit pawn shops for both early bucks and gerbers.

Gunner..who uses ceramic "crock sticks" for most of his sharpening
chores

at yoyodyne they were all veterans of the psychic wars
exiled from the eighth dimension where the winds of limbo roar"
* * * * * * *mariposa rand mair theal