Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Default Clothesline has deck off level

BillGill wrote:
jim wrote:
Hello, previous owner had built a nice deck but made the mistake of
attaching the clothesline from the deck end post to a large maple
tree. The tree movement has shifted the deck (outside the line on a
bubble level. Any remediation to this or should I leave it alone -
clothesline removed. Was thinking of trying to level it up with a come
along attached to the truck.

It doesn't seem to me that a clothesline would be strong enough to pull
the deck off level. A typical clothesline would have a lot more give than
the deck. You may have a problem with the foundation. You might want to
check that before you go too far trying to straighten it up.

I think he means "plumb" not "level".

We use #10 wire for clothesline which would be plenty strong to move
quite a lot of stuff over time...

As for putting it back, it would all depend on how it is built and from
what and what actually moved. Need far more info to judge (which is why
I didn't respond to begin with).