Posted to alt.lasers,sci.optics,sci.electronics.repair
Joseph Gwinn Joseph Gwinn is offline

Default Sam's eBay Horror Story #1

In article ,
Sam Goldwasser wrote:

"Timelord" -zgb-this writes:

"Sam Goldwasser" wrote in message
I have been a member in good standing with eBay since 1999. As readers
of Sam's Laser FAQ are probably aware, I have acquired a large number of
lasers and related items on eBay, most at bargain basement prices. All

[snip]

You should change your password right now!!! but other wise ignore it as
Ebay did not send it. I could tell you for sure if I had a copy of your
letter ( The first one ).

Has anyone actually read what I wrote in the linked page?

Every email I received from eBay was also present in "My Messages" on
"My eBay". And my account had indeed been suspended *before* I contacted
eBay about this mess.

Now is it possible I replied to some email awhile ago that triggered this?
I suppose it's possible, but highly unlikely.

This was not a phishing scheme, at least not one from outside eBay.

There is no cost to changing one's password, so I would just do it.

Joe Gwinn