Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Larry Jaques Larry Jaques is offline

Default Bayonet ID

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 20:56:42 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

On Sun, 08 Jun 2008 06:01:37 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Sat, 07 Jun 2008 21:15:08 -0500, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus21192 quickly quoth:

http://www.geocities.com/alancook.geo/m95bayonet.jpg

its hand guard is a little different.

Yeah, it's missing the hook for your (generic) purse.

that hook is called a 'blade breaker' for various reasons.

That sure beats my purse theory all to hell, doesn't it? bseg

Just hearing the name taught me something new about fighting. That's
always good.

It'd surely break another hardened steel bayonet or thin sword off,
wouldn't it? I wouldn't want to try to catch/parry a sword wth a
slow, heavy, awkward rifle, though. Eek!

--

To change one's self is sufficient. It's the idiots who want to change
the world who are causing all the trouble --Anonymous